Smoked Soy Bourbon Butter Chicken Thighs
These chicken thighs take on a whole new level of delicious with a rich wood smoke and the smooth flavors of bourbon, butter, garlic and soy sauce. Perfect by themselves, or add to tacos, rice bowls, or dice up for a mean chicken salad.
- 4-5 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of the Essential BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbls butter
- 2 Tlbs brown sugar
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Trim the skin on the thigs so there/s a nice covering over the top of the thigh. Remove any other loose fat from the meat.
- Rub each thich with the Essential BBQ Rub, or other rub of your choice.
- Start your grill and heat to 225°
- Place the chicken on the grill and smoke for about 1.5 hours
- Flip the chicken to skin side down and brsuh on the sauce every 10 mins to allow it to soak into the meat. Brush on 2-3 times.
- Increse the temp to 350 and flip the chicen to skin side up. Brush on sauce an additional 2-3 times every 10 minutes and allow sauce to carmelize.
- Before removing from the grill, ensure that chicken is cooked to an internal temp of 165°.
- In a saucepan, combine the bourbon, soy sauce, butter, brown sugar and garlic over medium heat
- Bring to a low simmer for 5-10 mins
- Remove from heat and brush on chicken thighs in step 5 above.