Reverse Seared Tri-Tip
Tri-tip is a perfect cut of meat to reverse sear and lock in that juicy, smoky flavor with a high-temperature finish. Unlike a brisket that takes hours of smoking to break down, smoked tri-tip is best cooked to a medium-rare, like a steak, and is ready in no time.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 1-2 hrs *depending on size
- 2-3 Lbs Tri-Tip trimmed
- 3 Tbsp Coffee Spice BBQ Rub
- Olive Oil
- Lightly coat the tri-tip with olive oil then rub with Coffee Spice BBQ Rub to completely cover the meat.
- Start your grill and set temp to 225°. When up to temp, place the Tri-Tip on the center of the grill and close the lid.
- Slow cook the tri-tip to approx. 120° then increase the temperature of the grill to high to sear the outside.
- Continue to cook until reaching an internal temperature if 130° (for medium-rare)
- Remove from the grill, tent with foil and let’s sit for 15 minutes. Remove foil, slice and serve.