Coffee Spice BBQ Rub
Give your steaks and brisket an extra kick with this quick and easy recipe for a DIY Coffee Spice BBQ Rub that's slightly spicy, slightly sweet and perfect for your next meal.
Prep time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Fine/Medium Ground Coffee
- 1 Tablespoon coarse cracked black pepper (halve this if using a finer grind)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 Teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- ½ Teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less based on desired heat)
Combine above ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork until well blended. If there’s clumps from the brown sugar, smush them with the back of a spoon and keep mixing.
Apply as much rub as you’d like to your meat and throw it on your grill!
Keep your leftover rub in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.