Chocolate Kentucky Derby Pie
Kentucky Derby pie is a decadent staple almost as classic as the race itself, so we couldn't help but add more chocolate and some wood-fire to take it to a new level. Full of delicious pecans, chocolate, and bourbon this pie is the perfect finale to your Kentucky Derby party, or any party for that matter, and will leave your friends and family satisfied and wanting more!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: Approx 1 hour
- 9 in chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer, combine all ingredients, besides the pecans and chocolate chips, in a bowl until the eggs are broken and flour is no longer clumping
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips to the mixture and then pour it all into the crust
- Set the pie in the grill (be aware of hot-spots on your grill) and bake for about an hour or until the pie is set and doesn't jiggle.
- Top it off with a maple bourbon whipped cream or another topping to make it your own!