Classic BBQ Pulled Pork
Classic BBQ starts with smoked pulled pork. The preparation is simple and it's easy to cook on a pellet grill. The big question is what type of sauce and sides will you pair it with?Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10-15 hrs *depending on size
- 7-10 Lbs Bone-In or boneless pork shoulder roast
- 3 Tbsp Essential BBQ Rub
- 2 Tbsp Yellow mustard
- 1 cup Apple juice
- 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
- The night before the BBQ, clean and pat dry the pork shoulder, then lightly coat in yellow mustard. Apply the rub and coat the roast evenly. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and set in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning - start your grill and set temp to 225°. When up to temp, place the seasoned pork shoulder on the center of the grill and close the lid.
- Smoke the roast to an internal temperature of 204°. During the cook, occasionally spray the roast with a combination of apple cider vinegar and apple juice. **Estimate a cook time 1.5 hours per pound of meat.
- Remove the roast from the grill and let it rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Using 2 large forks or meat shredders, shred the meat and serve!