Blueberry Bourbon Glazed Ribs
Ribs are the favorite at every backyard BBQ. Level up your ribs with this delicious BBQ sauce that strikes the perfect balance of bright, sweet flavors with the savory richness of the pork. These are a tried and true crowd pleaser!Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
- 1 rack of ribs - St. Louis style preferred
- 3 Tbls Bear Mountain BBQ Essential BBQ Rub
- 1 Tbls ground freeze-dried blueberries
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1.5 cups bbq sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 shots bourbon
- 1 pinch ground coffee
- Turn on the grill and set the temp to 225°
- Trim the ribs and remove the silverskin from the bottom side
- Combine the Essential Rub, blueberries and ancho chili powder and evenly coat the ribs all around, top, and bottom
- Place the ribs on the grill and smoke for 3 hours
- After 3 hours, remove from the grill, spritz with apple cider vinegar (optional) and wrap in butcher or parchment paper
- Place back on the grill for 2 hours
- Increase the grill temp to 350° and remove the ribs from the wrap, coat with BBQ sauce and place back on the grill.
- Every 10 min, recoat with sauce until desired sauciness.
- Remove, slice between the bones, and serve!
Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- In a saucepan, combine the BBQ sauce, blueberries, bourbon, and ground coffee over medium heat
- Before it reaches a boil, remove from heat and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency
- Return to the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes to bring the flavors together