Beer Cheese Dip with Pretzel Ring by Jennifer Danella
Bring your appetizer game to a new level with this delicious dip by Bear Mountain BBQ ambassador Jennifer Danella!
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Cup Gruyere Cheese Grated
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 of a 1 oz. Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
- 2 Tbsp Green Onions Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Beer- German lager
- 2 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Can Biscuits
- 1 large egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for brushing biscuits
- 10-12” Cast Iron Skillet
- Bear Mountain Savory BBQ pellets
- Preheat pellet grill to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of cheddar cheese, the gruyere cheese, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, and hidden valley ranch seasoning, beer and 1 tablespoon of green onions. Mix evenly.
- Take biscuits and cut in half. Roll each half into a ball, then slice an X across the top.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Once boiling, add baking soda and mix immediately.
- Add biscuits in batches and cook until puffy, approximately 1 minute. Remove and transfer to the skillet, forming a ring along the inside edge.
- Brush biscuits with egg wash and sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer dip to center of skillet and sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until biscuits are golden and dip is bubbly, 30-35 minutes.
- Garnish with the rest of the green onions before serving.