Baked Apple Pie
Nothing says Americana like a good ole fashioned Apple Pie. Fire up the grill on a summer day (or any time of year) to make this summertime dessert favorite that your guests will love.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: Approx 1 hour
- 1 box ready-made pie crust (contains 2 sheets of crust)
- 4 cups of thinly sliced granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar + 1 Tbls to sprinkle on top
- 2 tbls all-purpose flour
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg white
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Lightly toss to combine all of the ingredients.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan with a layer of the pie crust. Trim the edges as necessary so the crust is not hanging over the edge of the pan. Roll the second crust over the top and crimp the edges with the lower crust. Score the top to vent
- Beat the egg white until it foams and lightly brush over the top of the crust and sprinkle the remaining granulated sugar over the top.
- Wrap the edges in foil and bake on the grill for 30 mins. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. Cool and Enjoy