Zucchini Popper Boats
Make your vegetables even tastier with these delicious zucchini popper boats from Bear Mountain ambassador Kevin Anderson with @meat_thirty.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
-3 zucchinis (will make 6 boats)
-6 strips or a half package of bacon diced
-1 block of cream cheese
-Half cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
-2 jalapeños diced
-2 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning & Rub from Rainier Foods
-Big pinch of chives
- Cut the zucchinis in half and hollow them out with a spoon.
- Set your grill or smoker to 400°F. Add Bear Mountain BBQ Gourmet pellets.
- Place the zucchini halves on the grill or smoker.
- Dice the bacon and fry it up in a cast iron pan while the zucchini is cooking.
- Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, and diced jalapeños.
- After 10-15 minutes (once the zucchini boats are soft) pull them off the grill and fill each one with the cheese mixture. Season with the Garlic & Herb seasoning and rub, top with the fried bacon bits and chives.
- Place the filled zucchini halves back on the grill for another 10 minutes.
- Pull off the grill, serve, and enjoy!