A hint of smoke and spice takes this Key Lime Pie to another level of delicious. Add some tequila whipped cream and indulge even more. Your taste buds will thank you!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 12 mins
- 1 pre-formed graham cracker crust or you can make your own crust
- 3 C of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbls grated lime zest
- 1/8 tsp ancho chili powder
1. Preheat your pellet grill to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well blended. If you want to kick the smokiness up a notch, add up to an additional 1/4 tsp of ancho chili powder.
3. Fill the pre-formed graham cracker crust.
4. Carefully place the pie on to the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes. make sure you don't brown the top.
5. Remove the pie from the grill and chill thoroughly before serving.
Bonus** Make it a Margarita Key Lime Pie by topping it with this boozy whipped cream!
Tequila Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup COLD Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbls Tequila
- 2 Tbls Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of salt
Using an electric hand mixer, whip the whipping cream and powdered sugar until the cream reaches soft peaks. Add the tequila and salt and whip until the whipped cream reaches desired thickness*.
*Be careful to not over-whip as you’ll make a tequila butter.
Pairs well with a shaken margarita and the following Bear Mountain Premium BBQ Pellets.