Bear Mountain ambassador Jon Kiluk of @crazygringobbq shares his steps for this reverse-seared two pound beast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
2lb Wagyu tomahawk ribeye steak
Favorite rub (I use the Pit Boss Blackened Saskatchewan Rub and/or Neil's Sarap Tasty Sear Original Gourmet Beef Seasoning)
1. Coat the ribeye with almond oil and rub it with salt, pepper, and a rub or seasoning.
2. Fill your hopper with Bear Mountain Oak pellets and preheat your grill or smoker to 225 °F. Let the meat sit until the grill is up to temperature.
3. Place your steak on the grill and smoke until the internal meat temperature reaches 115 °F.
4. Remove the ribeye, and raise the temperature on your grill or smoker to 450 °F.
5. Sear the ribeye on all sides over the flame until the internal temperature is 132 °F (approx. two minutes)
6. Take the steak off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve with balsamic glaze bacon brussel sprouts or a loaded baked potato.