Wagyu Short Ribs by BBQ Friend
Juicy, tender, and tasty, these beef ribs from Bear Mountain ambassador BBQ Friend will be the hit of your party.
Prep time: 30-40 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Ingredients: Beef Plate Short Ribs
Note: 123A beef is recommended. If you can’t find it, a good alternative is Beef Chuck Short Ribs 130. We used a Shirogane Wagyu Short Rib from World of Wagyu (discount code BBQFRIEND-CB).
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt pepper garlic rub (We use Meat Church Holy Cow)
- Bear Mountain BBQ Oak Pellets
1. Trim off the fat cap and all silver skin
2. Use Worcestershire sauces as a binder and coat all sides
3. Liberally season with Holy Cow or other salt pepper garlic rub
4. Let rest for 20 minutes
5. Smoke at 225 °F using Bear Mountain BBQ Oak pellets until internal temperature is 175°F. You want a nice bark and the meat to start pulling away from the bone.
6. Wrap in butcher paper and back on smoker at 225°F until internal temperature is 203 °F and the probe goes through the meat with little to no resistance.
7. Remove from smoker or grill and leave it wrapped. If you plan to eat immediately, rest the ribs for 1 hour at room temperature. If you need to hold it longer than 1 hour, rest at room temp for 20 minutes then place in cooler until ready to serve.