"Trisket" Tri-Tip Recipe by BBQFriend
Keep it simple and delicious with this Tri-Tip cooked like a brisket, hence the name, “Trisket.” by BBQFriend
Prep Time: 30-50 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 hours
-Tri-Tip (2-3 lbs) Note: Consider purchasing your Tri-Tip via Crooked Butcher, using Joe’s promo code BBQFriend-CB.
-Salt Pepper Garlic Rub or your favorite rub (Joe uses Meat Church’s The Gospel)
-Bear Mountain BBQ Oak Pellets
1. Trim any excess fat and silver skin off the tri-tip
2. Season the tri-tip with a salt/pepper/garlic rub or your rub of choice
3. Let the tri-tip sit for 20 minutes so the rub adheres and the meat begins to sweat
4. Smoke at 225 °F, using Bear Mountain BBQ’s Oak pellets.
5. Place the tri-tip on your grill or smoker and let it cook until it has an internal temperature of 195-203 °F, or until the its tender (this takes approximately four hours).
There is no wrapping involved. Since this is on the grill or smoker for a short period of time, we want as much smoke and bark to form as possible.
6. Take the tri-tip off the grill, and let it rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
7. Slice and enjoy!