Smoked Turkey using a Turkey Cannon Infusion Roaster
This Thanksgiving try using a Turkey Cannon Infusion Roaster on your grill to add moisture and flavor. Bear Mountain BBQ Ambassador Gerry Poynter of @Happybarbecue shares his recipe.
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
-1 whole turkey (at least 14 lbs)
-1 stick of butter, softened
-2 tbsp salt
-2 tbsp pepper
-1/2 cup of white wine or chicken broth
-Turkey Cannon Infusion Roaster from Camp Chef
- Preheat grill to 225°F and put Bear Mountain BBQ Apple Pellets in the hopper.
- To prepare the turkey, remove giblets and neck. Rinse under water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, gently separate the skin from the breast and legs, making sure to keep it attached and in one piece.
- Slip the butter mixture underneath the skin and spread in an even layer.
- Season the exterior of the turkey with a seasoning or poultry rub.
- Fill the turkey cannon infusion roaster with liquid (white wine or chicken broth) and lemon.
- Place turkey on the Infusion Roaster and smoke on your grill or smoker for 1 hour.
- Increase your grill or smoker temp to 350 °F and cook until internal temperature reaches 160 °F, around 3 hours.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes, carve, and enjoy!