The pork tenderloin is also know as "The Gentleman's Cut" for a reason, it's tender, juicy and delicious. Our favorite way prepare this cut is to stuff the tenderloin with a tangy tapenade and let the the wood fire finish it off perfectly.
2-3 LB Pork Loin
- 1 cup diced Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbls finely diced garlic
- 1 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Basil
- ¼ tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olives, garlic, basil and pepper and 1 tsp olive oil and set aside
- Trim as much fat off the outside of the pork loin
- Roll cut the pork loin and lay flat. If you haven’t roll cut a loin, check out this video to learn how
- With the loin open and laying flat, lightly coat the inside surface with olive oil
- Spread the olive tapenade mixture evenly across the pork loin
- Tightly roll up the loin and tie in 3-4 places across the length of the loin. This will ensure that your dinner stays together while bathing in smoke.
- Turn on your grill and set the temp to 225 degrees
- Smoke the stuffed loin until the temperature of the inner layer of meat reaches 145 degrees.
- For extra flavor, for the last 15 mins of the cook, brush some smoked or flavored olive oil and a light sprinkle of ancho chili powder on the outside of the stuffed loin and turn the temp up to 350 to brown the outside.
- Remove from grill, rest for 5-10 minutes, slice and serve!
Pairs well with any Bear Mountain Premium BBQ pellet, but consider trying it with our new Gourmet Blend!