Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Not only is this guaranteed to be a crowd favorite at your next BBQ, this recipe for Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends by Nick Nesgoda is super easy to make!
Yield: 24 burnt ends 1x
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 3 pounds of skinless pork belly
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp of BBQ rub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
1. Cube the pork belly into 1.5 x 1.5 inch cubes.
2. Use yellow mustard as a binder then season the pork belly with a BBQ rub.
3. Place them on a wire rack, then smoke them for 2.5 hours at 250°F using Bear Mountain BBQ’s Sweet BBQ pellets.Spritz every hour with 50/50 apple juice and apple cider vinegar.
4. Move the pork belly from the smoker into a foil pan top with butter, brown sugar, honey and BBQ sauce.
5. Top the pan with aluminum foil then place it back on the smoker for another 45 minutes.
6. Remove the aluminum foil from the pan, stir then let it cook for another 15 minutes.
7. Once they reach an internal temp of 205°F, serve them warm and enjoy!