Smoked Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 package bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 jalapeños (Roasted, deseeded and minced)
- 1 head garlic roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Apple Pellets, Chips or Chunks
- Set your smoker to 400 F, fill the hopper with Bear Mountain BBQ’s Apple pellet, and place 8 jalapeños and a head of garlic on a baking tray. Drizzle on olive oil and place in your smoker for 30-40 minutes until jalapeños and garlic are soft and roasted.
- Once the jalapeños and garlic are cool, remove seeds from jalapeños and dice. Squeeze the garlic out into a bowl and set both aside.
- Lower the temperature in your smoker to 275 and in the meantime cook the entire package of bacon in a pan on medium heat until crispy then chop and set aside. (can also do this in your oven)
- In a large mixing bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic power, salt, pepper, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, crispy bacon (Reserve some for topping), roasted jalapeños (reserve some for topping) and roasted garlic. Mix together until smooth.
- Transfer the mix to an oven safe baking dish or a cast iron pan and spread evenly.
- Top the dish with the reserved bacon, roasted jalapeños and shredded cheese.
- Smoke the dip at 275 F for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is melted and hot all the way through.
Recipe brought to you by Ninjacue!