If you haven't smoked your ice yet, you haven't lived. Give this a shot with your next Old Fashioned and you'll never use regular ice again.
Prep time: 30 min
Freeze time: ~ 4-5 hours
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 tsp Water
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Orange peel for garnish
- Start your grill and set temp to Smoke
- Add enough water to an aluminum baking pan to fill up 1-2 ice cube trays
- Smoke the water for 20 minutes
- Remove from grill and pour water into the ice cube trays and freeze
Smoked Ice Old Fashioned
- Combine the sugar water and bitters in a rocks glass and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add a couple of smoke ice cubes to the glass then add the Bourbon. Lighlty stir to combine
- Run the orange peel around the glass, give it a quick squeese and drop it in the glass.
Pairs well with a neat Bourbon and the following Bear Mountain Premium BBQ Pellets: