Sweet, smoky with a little tang is what you'll find when these baby back ribs come off the grill. Go ahead... give this recipe a try and it'll be one you'll end up repeating as your go-to rib recipe.
Marinade: 8 hrs
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 6 hrs
- 2 Racks of baby back ribs
- ¼ cup of BBQ Rub
- ¼ Cup dijon or yellow mustard
- ¼ cup apple juice
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
Preparation: *Prep your ribs the night before for the best flavor... you can thank us later
1. Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs by making a light slice lengthwise down the middle of the rack, then using a butter knife to pry under the membrane and pull it off.
2. Lightly slather the ribs on both the top (meaty side) and bottom (bone side) with mustard, then spread your rub evenly over the top and bottom of the ribs.
3. Tightly wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. When ready to cook, start your grill and set to 225-degrees.
5. Unwrap your ribs and place bone side down on your grill grates and close the lid.
6. After 3 hours on the grill, remove the ribs and wrap each rack in foil. For added sweetness and tenderness, add 1/8 cup of Apple Juice to the foil pouch you’ve created. Place the foil wrapped ribs back on the grill for 2 more hours.
7. Remove the ribs from the grill and remove the foil.
8. Increase the temperature of your grill to 350 o and lace the ribs back on the grill, bone side down.
9. Slather on a light layer of your favorite BBQ sauce every 15 minutes over the last 1 hour of cooking
10. Remove from the grill, slice each rib between the bones and serve!
Pairs well with the following Bear Mountain Premium BBQ Pellets, and a chilled craft beer.