Smoked Apple Pie
For a delicious twist on a classic dessert, try Bear Mountain ambassador Matt Williams’ Smoked Apple Pie.
Prep Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
6 apples (we used Gala or Fuji for the sweetness)
2 tbsp of vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of brown sugar
2-3 tbsp of cinnamon
3 tbsp of apple juice
2 tbsp of butter
A box of Pillsbury pie crust
Bear Mountain BBQ Apple pellets
1. Peel and cut apple into apple slices. Place in bowl.
2. Once peeled and rinsed, add sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix the apples and ingredients together. Let it rest for a few minutes.
3. Setup your pie crust. Place in your pie dish.
4. Add apples to dish.
5. Cube butter and place in varies places among the apples.
6. Add vanilla and apple juice.
7. Assemble the top crust.
8. Set your grill of smoker temp to 350 °F, using Bear Mountain’s Apple pellets.
9. Place pie on a cookie sheet and let it cook for 1 hour.
10. Remove the pie from the grill or smoker. Let it rest for 30 minutes and serve!