Roasted Chipotle Maple Brussels Sprouts...With BACON!
Sweet, smoky and rich with delicious maple flavor these brussels sprouts will keep 'em asking for more.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30-40 min
- 2.5 lbs of Brussels sprouts
- 3 slices of thick cut bacon
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt (*to taste)
- Start your grill and set temp to 350-degrees.
- Slice your bacon into ¼ inch wide strips and cook over medium heat until slightly crispy. Don’t overcook the bacon at this point since it will cook more with the brussels sprouts
- Remove the outer layer of the brussels sprouts as well as the base. Cut in half lengthside.
- Combine the brussels sprouts, bacon, olive oil, salt and pepper on a foil-lined pan.
- Combine the maple syrup and chipotle pepper in a small dish and set aside.
- When your grill is up to temp, place the pan of brussels sprouts on the grill, and close the lid.
- Occasionally stir the brussels sprouts to ensure that they cook evenly.
- When the brussels sprouts have evenly browned and start to crisp around the edges, they’re done.
- Remove from the grill, drizzle the maple syrup mixture over the top, and serve.