Erica's No Fail Chicken
This "No Fail" chicken recipe is one of Erica's go-tos! It is so easy, so delicious, and practically no fail!
This recipe is courtesy of Erica LaBarre!
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Tony Chachere Creole Butter Injection
- 1 Lemon
- Mediterranean Seasoning
- Load up your grill with your favorite Bear Mountain Pellets and set your grill to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from fridge and pat the skin with paper towels to get it as dry as possible.
- Inject the breasts and thighs with Tony Chachere Creole Butter Injection.
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze just a little bit on top and place the lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken.
- If you have any injection remaining, rub the skin with the remainder.
- Season the chicken with your Mediterranean seasoning.
- Place the chicken on the smoker/grill at 350 degrees and cook until you have reached at least 165 degrees in all spots. Note: some spots will reach a higher internal temperature, but it is important that all parts of the chicken have reached 165 degrees.
Alternative Smoke ‘Ems™ Preparation:
- On one side of the grill, turn on the burner or fire up your charcoal and place the Smoke ‘Ems packet directly over the heat until it starts smoking.
- Place the seasoned chicken on the other side of the grill over low heat.
- Cook the chicken until you have reached at least 165 degrees in all spots. Note: some spots will reach a higher internal temperature, but it is important that all parts of the chicken have reached 165 degrees.