"My Beer Friend, Chuck" Recipe
Bear Mountain BBQ Ambassador Bobby Schneider of @YoungJamesBBQ mixes beer and BBQ for a deliciously juicy chuck roast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 hours
1 Chuck Roast
Your favorite beef rub (I like to use a 50/50 combination of Meat Church Holy Gospel BBQ Rub with Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub and Seasoning with Coffee & Garlic)
3-4 Tbsp of sliced butter
1 cup mayonnaise
Bear Mountain BBQ Mesquite Pellets
1. Use the mayonnaise as your binder, and generously season your chuck roast with the 50/50 combo of your favorite beef rubs.
2. Fill your hopper with Bear Mountain BBQ Mesquite Pellets and preheat your grill or smoker to 225-250 °F.
3. Place your chuck on the grill and smoke until the internal meat temperature reaches 160 °F.
4. Spray the chuck every hour with beer.
5. When it reaches 160 °F, place your chuck roast in a disposable foil pan and pour the remainder of beer at the bottom of the pan, add sliced butter, and cover with heavy duty foil.
6. Put back on grill at 250 °F and continue cooking until the meat reaches 203 °F.
7. Slice, serve, and enjoy, preferably with mashed potatoes (NOTE: Use beer sauce as a gravy because wow!).
If you want to take it further….
1. Shred or dice your chuck roast after it’s cooked.
2. Warm up some tortillas until they are pliable.
3. Place meat on tortilla and roll up and place into a pan with hot oil and boom: Chuck Roast Taquitos!