MADDOG'S BBQ'S Fried Cabbage
An Irish family recipe passed down for generations, the MADDOG’S BBQ team was kind enough to share their Fried Cabbage recipe with us. This delicious dish can be enjoyed on St. Patrick’s Day, as well as any other day of the year.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: Approx 45 min
- 1 lb of bacon
- 1 large, yellow onion
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- Black pepper to taste
- Add Bear Mountain Apple pellets to the grill and preheat to 180 degrees.
- Chop the bacon into 1/4-inch strips and put it in a pan.
- Smoke the bacon in the pan on the grill for 30 minutes, or until crispy.
- Drain the pan of bacon fat, reserving 3 tbsp for later. Set the pan aside.
- Dice the onion into large pieces. Chop the cabbage into 1-inch squares. Grate the carrot.
- Add the reserved bacon fat to a frying pan, add all the vegetables, cover with lid and sauté until the onions are opaque and the cabbage is tender. Add fresh ground paper to taste.
- Stir in the freshly smoked applewood bacon
- Serve and ENJOY!
Pro tip: Make plenty, even the kids will want seconds!