Get a take of the islands in your own backyard with this delicious Kalua Pork.Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes per pound
Ingredients-Bone-In Pork Shoulder
-Swine Life Mississippi Grit
-Dave’s All Purpose Rub + Ancho Chili + Espresso Ground Coffee
-Shredded Green Cabbage
-Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ or Bold BBQ pellets
- An hour before cooking, rub the pork shoulder, first with the Swine Life Mississippi Grit, then with the Meat Dave’s All Purpose Rub, combined with the Ancho chili and espresso.
- Set your grill or smoker to 225 degrees and pour in Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ or Bold BBQ pellets
- Place the pork shoulder on the grill or smoker and smoke until it reaches an internal temp of 160-165 degrees (the stall). Spritz with the beer every 45 mins.
- At the stall, remove the shoulder from the grill, and cut into chunks
- Add the chunks, the bone, and the remaining beer to an InstantPot®
- Pressure cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- When done, remove the bone, shred the pork, and add the shredded cabbage