Jennifer Danella's Turkey Stuffed Poblano Peppers w/ Lime Crema
Elevate your traditional stuffed peppers recipe with this delicious recipe from Jennifer Danella!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: Approx 30 min
- 1 lb ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Roma Tomato, diced
- 1 can diced Green Chilis (mild)
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 cup cooked White Rice
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 6 Poblano Peppers
- Lime Crema
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees (or medium/medium high heat).
- Cut a slice off of the top of the poblano peppers lengthwise, then remove seeds and ribs. Rub peppers with oil, then salt and pepper.
- Cook on the grill for 10-15 minutes on the indirect flame.
- In the meantime, add 2 tbsp of oil, then the ground turkey, garlic, bell pepper, and onion to a large pan. Cook on medium high for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula until the meat is cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning packet and mix. Cook for an additional minute. Turn off heat and add diced chilis, tomatoes and rice.
- Stuff poblano peppers with pan mixture. Top with mexican cheese blend. Place back on the grill for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with lime crema.