Japanese White Sauce Wings
Prep Time: 12-15 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour
-12-24 chicken wings
-1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
-1 tbsp ketchup
-1 tbsp melted butter
-1 tbsp Mirin (you can sub more rice wine vinegar here, but add a tsp of sugar to balance it out)
-2 tsp rice vinegar
-1/4 tsp Paprika
-3/4 tsp garlic powder
-3/4 tsp onion powder
-1 tbsp sugar
-1-2 tsp water (this is a presence in thickness. If it gets too runny, thicken it up by putting it in the refrigerator)
- Marinate wings overnight (minimum 1hr) in teriyaki sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the white sauce. You can also let the white sauce refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your pellet grill or smoker to 350° (also can be done on charcoal, but the cooking time will be different). Add in Pecan, Cherry, or Bourbon Bear Mountain pellets.
- Season wings with a Rainier Foods Gochu (you could substitute SPG).
- Grill wings 45-60 minutes to a temperature of 190°-195° (I never flip wings on my pellet grill).
- Pull wings off grill and transfer into bowl with white sauce. Coat wings and transfer to serving tray.
- Top with some green onions, serve, and enjoy!