Huli Huli Chicken
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
Total Prep Time: 8-24 hours
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6-10 servings
· 3 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless
· 1 C brown sugar
· 2/3 C ketchup
· 1/3 C sherry
· 3 t ginger
· 2 tsp garlic, minced
1. Combine the brown sugar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
2. Trim the chicken of any excess fat. Place the trimmed chicken in a Ziploc container and add the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours to overnight.
3. When ready to cook, preheat the grill to 500 degrees (or high). Meanwhile, drain the marinade into a bowl and set aside (we’ll use it again shortly).
4. Once the grill is preheated, place the marinated chicken on the grill and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Continue to brush the chicken with the reserved marinade as needed while cooking. Once the internal temperature registers 165 degrees, remove the chicken from the grill and turn off the burners.
5. Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes, then carve. Serve the chicken wit sides of choice. You may use the reserved marinade to dip with. Enjoy!