Huli Huli Chicken
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
Total Prep Time: 8-24 hours
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6-10 servings
· 3 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless
· 2 C brown sugar
· 1 ¼ C ketchup
· 2/3 C sherry
· 2 T ginger
· 4 tsp garlic, minced
1. Combine the brown sugar and next 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
2. Trim the chicken of any excess fat. Place the trimmed chicken in a Ziploc container and add ½ of the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours to overnight.
3. When ready to cook, preheat the grill to 500 degrees (or high). Once the grill is preheated, place the marinated chicken on the grill and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Brush the chicken with the reserved marinade (make sure to save some for the end of the cook) as needed while cooking. Once the internal temperature registers 165 degrees, remove the chicken from the grill and turn off the burners.
4. Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes, then carve. Serve the chicken with sides of choice. Use the reserved marinade to dip with. Enjoy!