Half-Time Pig Shots
Need a half-time break to recharge for the rest of the game? These Pig Shots from Bear Mountain ambassador @eatwithme_xyz will help you get your game face back on.
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
-Your favorite rub
-Your favorite BBQ sauce
-Bear Mountain BBQ Hickory Pellets
1. Mix the softened cream cheese with the rub and shredded cheese. Put in a pastry bag.
2. Cut the smoked sausage into half inch-thick slices.
3. Cut uncooked bacon strips in half.
4. Wrap the bacon tightly around the base of the sausage. Pin in place with a toothpick, forming a cup shape.
5. Sprinkle the inside of each cub with more rub. Top each with a jalapeño and set them on a cooling rack.
6. Turn your pellet grill or smoker to 350 degrees and add Bear Mountain BBQ Hickory pellets.
7. Place the bacon and sausage cups into the grill.
8. Grill for about 20-30 minutes, until the bacon is crisp.
9. Take off the grill and brush with BBQ sauce.
10. Let them cool for a few minutes and get ready for the half-time show!