Grilled Flank Steak w/ Spicy Chimichurri
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2-4 servings
· 1.5 lbs. flank steak
· ¼ C rub of choice (or 1 part salt to 1 part pepper) – I used Meatchurch Holy Cow Rub
· ¼ C olive oil
· ¼ C red onion, diced
· ¼ C red wine vinegar
· 1 T minced garlic
· 1 bunch parsley, chopped
· 2 tsp salt
· 2 tsp Flat Iron Pepper Company Dark & Smoky Rub (sub w/ red pepper flakes if desired)
For the Chimichurri:
1. Combine olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl, mixing until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the flank steak:
1. Preheat the grill to high setting. Meanwhile, remove the steak from the packaging and discard packaging. Next, pat the steak dry and trim any excess fat. Finally, season the steak with desired rub and allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
2. Place the steak on the grill and cook for about 12-14 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through. Once the steak registers 127-130 degrees, remove it from the grill and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Turn off the grill.
1. Carve the steak by slicing against the grain. Ideally, the thickness of the slices should be ¼ - ½ inches thick. Plate the desired amount of steak with sides of choice.
2. Top the flank steak with chimichurri, serve, and enjoy!