Greek Wild Turkey Kabobs with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce
Fresh and savory, this kabob dish offers a tasty balance of flavors for a warm summer day. The crowd-pleasing dish is brought to you by Bear Mountain ambassador Jennifer Danella.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
2 Wild Turkey Breast, cut into 1 in. cubes (If you don’t have wild turkey, substitute for one pound of chicken breast)
1 Lemon, Juiced
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp Minced Garlic
2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Parsley
1/2 Red Onion
1 Red bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
1 cup Fage Greek Yogurt
1 medium Cucumber, grated
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp chopped Fresh Dill
2 tbsp Garlic
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt to Taste
1. Place wild turkey chunks into gallon sized resealable bag. Pour the 2 tbsp olive oil, ¼ cup Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic oregano, and parsley. Add a small amount of salt and pepper. Mix evenly then seal bag. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. Prepare the ingredients for the tzatziki by combining the cup of Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, 1 tbsp olive oil, dill, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Mix then place in fridge.
3. Set your grill or smoker to 400°F with a mix of Sweet or Cherry Bear Mountain BBQ pellets.
4. Cut peppers and zucchini into bite sized pieces. Drizzle with the other 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss the veggies in a bowl. Lightly salt.
5. Thread the bell pepper, zucchini and turkey on kabobs as desired. Repeat until you run out of ingredients. (If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water prior to using.) Place on the grill.
6. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 10-12 minutes. Rotate often.
7. Serve with tzatziki and extra lemon if desired.