This is one of our favorite spicy backyard BBQ treats - Gochujang Ribs smoked with Bear Mountain BBQ pellets. A sweet and spicy dry rub with a mouthful of flavor, these will be the hottest thing going in your next meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
Ingredients in Dry Rub:
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (or substitute your favorite red chili powder)
- 1/2 tbsp MSG (or salt)
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
Ingredients Rib Prep:
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp gochujang or other spicy Asian-style chile sauce
- Combine above Dry Rub ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork until well blended. Set aside 1 tbsp of dry rub for post-cooking.
- Wash ribs and remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Coat ribs in yellow mustard and then gochujang.
- Prepare pellet smoker with Bear Mountain pellets to 300 degrees.
- Coat ribs evenly on both sites with 1/3 cup dry rub. Place ribs on the smoker
- Rotate the ribs every 45 minutes for even cooking. Ribs should be done after about 3 hours. Internal temperature should be 185 - 195 degrees
You can keep your leftover rub in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Pairs well the following Bear Mountain Premium BBQ Pellets: