Donut Bread Pudding w/ Sweet Bourbon Butter Sauce
We're adding a sweet and smoky twist to this traditional comfort food dessert. Bread pudding never tasted so delicious!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: ~ 1 hour
- 1 dozen donuts - glazed raised or cake donuts will work
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of whole milk or half and half
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 Tbls Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped dried plums or raisins
Sweet Bourbon Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1 - 2oz Bourbon to taste
- Start your grill and set temp to 350 degrees
- Cut the donuts into approx 1" pieces
- Grease an 8" x 8" baking dish and place all the donuts and diced fruit into the dish
- In a food processor, combine the butter and brown sugar and blend for 10-15 seconds
- Add the milk, eggs, and vanilla and pulse the mixture until it's all combined
- Pour the mixture over the donuts and allow 10-15 minutes for the donuts to soak up the custard. You can press down on the donuts to make sure they're getting plenty of custard
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place on the grill. Cook covered for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, uncover the bread pudding and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the custard is set and doesn't jiggle.
- Remove from grill and set aside to cool
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, butter, and bourbon.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce is combined and the brown sugar is no longer granular.
- Either pour the sauce over the entire dish or pour over individual servings and enjoy!