These glazed chicken meatballs from Bear Mountain ambassador Jessica Heringer have the ideal balance of sweet and heat.
Prep Time: 2 ½ hours
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
-2 lbs ground chicken
-3/4 cup panko
-1 egg, beaten
-2 tbsp Neil Sarap BBQ Dayum Tasty Asian Blend (plus extra for a top off for the finished meatballs)
-1 tsp fresh grated ginger
-1 tsp sesame seeds
-2 green onions, thinly sliced
-1/3 cup Trybachan Japanese BBQ Sauce
Glaze for Top
-1/4 cup honey
-2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
-2 tbsp pineapple juice
-2 tbsp mango nectar
-1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and form into meatballs. Let them rest in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Set your smoker or grill to350° and pour in Bear Mountain Sweet BBQ Blend pellets.
- While your grill or smoker is coming to temperature, make the glaze, mixing together all of the glaze ingredients (a grill proof pan on the grill can work for this or do off the grill in a bowl).
- Once grill is to temperature, put the meatballs on.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165°. During the last 5 minutes of the cook, cover the meatballs with the glaze.
- Take off the grill, serve over rice, and enjoy!