Cherry Bourbon Ham
Indulge in your sweet and smoky sides with this delicious, glazed ham, brought to us by Bear Mountain ambassador Meaty Mike.
Prep Time: 45 minutes- 1 hour
Cook Time: 4 hours
-Spiral cut ham just under 11 lbs
-Yellow mustard -Choice of seasoning (Meaty Mike loves Lumberjack Hickory Maple Seasoning from PS Seasoning).
-1 cup of cherry preserves
-1/2 cup of maple syrup
-1/2 cup bourbon
-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-1 tbsp brown sugar
-1/2 tbsp of course black pepper
-1 tbsp honey
1. Take the spiral cut ham out of the package. Rinse the pre-packaged brine solution off the ham under cool water. Pat dry.
2. Lightly cover the ham with yellow mustard for a binder.
3. Add your choice of seasoning.
4. Smoke the ham in your grill or smoker at 275 °F with a mix of Cherry, Maple, and Bourbon Bear Mountain BBQ pellets.
5. While your ham cooks, make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients together in a pan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Stir often.
6. Take the glaze off the heat and let it cool at room temperature.
7. Smoke the ham for about three hours until you hit an internal temperature of 130 °F. The ham is already cured/cooked. We’re just reheating and double smoking it.
8. Put the ham in a foil pan and cover it in the glaze.
9. Smoke again until the ham hits an internal temperature of 140 °F. This will take another 30-45 minutes.
10. Take off the grill, eat, and enjoy!