Cheesy Pulled Beef Turnovers
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
· 1 lbs Double 8 Cattle full blood wagyu pulled beef
· 1 Pepperidge Farms Puff pastry Sheet
· ½ C Mozarella cheese (more as needed)
· ¼ C bbq sauce of choice
· 1 egg, beaten + 1 TBS milk
· Rub of choice
· Pam spray as needed
· Cilantro for garnish, if desired
· Chef’s knife
· Cutting Board
· Measuring cups
· Mixing bowl
· Baking Sheet
· Basting Brush
1. Preheat the grill to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, take the pulled beef out of the packaging and place in a mixing bowl. Discard the packaging. Next, pour the BBQ sauce into the bowl with the beef and mix until combined (note: the beef can be microwaved for 20-30 seconds to increase pliability).
2. Place the puff pastry on a cutting board and cut into 2-inch segments. Transfer the segments to a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam and fold out the sides of each segment (like you would a brochure). Layer the opened puff pastries with cheese, prepared beef, and another layer of cheese, then fold the sides over the filling. Using a basting brush, coat each segment thoroughly with the egg wash. Finally, liberally coat the prepared puff pastries with a rub of choice.
3. Place the baking sheet with the beef turnovers on the grill and cook until golden brown (15-20 minutes).
4. Once the pastries have finished, take the baking sheet off the grill, and rest the cheesy beef turnovers for 5 minutes.
5. Top with garnish if desired. Serve & enjoy!