Carolina Vinegar Pulled Pork
No BBQ cookout is complete without pulled pork, and this recipe from Bear Mountain ambassador @g_bque is about to be your new favorite.
Total Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Cook Time: 8-10 hours
Servings: 6-10 servings
Ingredients for Rub:
-1:1 ratio of pepper to salt
-2:1 ratio of garlic to onion
Ingredients for Mop Sauce:
-2 cups apple cider vinegar
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-4 tsp salt (diamond)
-2 tsp crushed red pepper
-A Boston pork butt or a Pork Picnic shoulder
- Season your Boston Butt or Pork Picnic with the rub.
- Set your smoker or pellet grill to 250° and pour in Bear Mountain Oak pellets.
- While your pork cooks (it takes roughly an hour per pound), make your mop sauce
(I like to make it the night before for best results).
- When you’re 2 hours in, start slathering the mop sauce on the pork, repeat every hour (or shorter if the bark looks dry).
- When the pork is around 165-170° or when the bark is set, wrap your pork tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place back on your grill or smoker until it reaches 203-205° (probe tender).
- Pull off the grill or smoker, and let it rest for a minimum of 30 minutes before shredding.
- While the pork rests, make your sauce. It’s the same as the mop sauce, but I like to add 1/4 extra cup of brown sugar for the final product.
- Serve it up with your favorite sides for the perfect cookout.