Caprese Brie on the Grill
What better way to impress your friends and family than a flavor-packed restaurant quality cheese appetizer! This Caprese Brie is sure to be a hit for any occasion!
This recipe is courtesy of Jennifer Danella!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: Approx 30 min
- 16 oz. Brie Wheel
- 10 oz. Grape Tomatoes, cut in halves or thirds
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced Basil, for garnish
- French Bread, sliced thin for serving
- In a small saucepan, mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 10-15 minutes. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon. Let cool and pour into a jar with a lid; store in refrigerator.
- Fire up your pellet grill to 400°F
- In an 8 inch cast iron, coat with a small amount of oil then add Brie, (you can take off the top rind if desired, but you don’t have to!) cook on the grill for 10 minutes.
- While the Brie is cooking, slice tomatoes and mix with garlic in a bowl. Add red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- Add on top of Brie and cook an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat, top with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve with sliced french bread.