Cook Time: 3-4 hrs
- 2-3 LB Salmon
- Brine (recipe below)
- Maple syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Brine: Combine and stir:
- 1 Quart cold water
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
1. Clean the fish well and remove all of the small pin bones. These can sometime be tough to remove, so we recommend tweezers to grab them and pull out at an angle.
2. Place the salmon filet(s) into a resealable bag and cover with the brine. Place the bag into a
shallow dish or pan and set in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
3. Remove from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel to prevent the white fatty protein from oozing out during the smoke.
4. Start your grill and set temp to Smoke, or as low as it will go. When up to temp, place the salmon skin side down on the grill grates.
5. Smoke for about 2.5 hours.
6. At the 2.5 hour mark, lightly brush the salmon every 30 minutes until the salmon temp reaches 145-degrees
7. Remove from the grill and enjoy immediately, or allow to cool and enjoy whenever.
Pair with one of the following Bear Mountain Premium BBQ Pellet flavors, and a chilled craft beer.