Bear Mountain Bourbon Smoked Burger
If you can't get enough of that smooth bourbon flavor... it's time to try Bear Mountain BBQ ambassador Kevin Anderson’s Wagyu burger.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
-1 lb. Double 8 Cattle Fullblood Wagyu Burger Patties, or your favorite Wagyu patties
- Rainier Foods The Essentials SPG Seasoning, or your favorite kind of SPG seasoning
-2 slices of cheddar cheese
-2 Brioche buns
-1 red onion
- Bear Mountain Bourbon BBQ Pellets
1. Form two thick, half pounder patties. Press or form the patties evenly to fit the size of your bun, then place in fridge for 30 minutes to help hold form.
2. Fill your pellet grill hopper or smoker with Bear Mountain Bourbon BBQ Pellets and set temperature to 225°.
3. Take patties out of the refrigerator. Season with Rainier Foods The Essentials SPG Seasoning (about 1 tsp per side) then place on a cooling rack inside the grill. This will help them keep better form than directly on grill grate.
4. Cook to desired doneness, about 1.5 hours until they hit 140° internal temperature, then place cheddar cheese slices on and turned the grill up to 450° to help melt the cheese and give the burger a high heat finish. They should finish around 155°.
5. Pull the patties off the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Build your burgers with buns, mayonnaise, lettuce, and some red onion to top it off.
7. Pair with a glass of your favorite bourbon. Recommendation is the Rabbit Hole Heigold Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, which is smooth, slightly sweet, and an easy sipper that pairs perfectly with the burger.