Bad Bones BBQ's Smoked Beef Ribs
This is a delicious and easy recipe for a mouth-watering rack of ribs courtesy of Bad Bones BBQ, championship BBQ teamPrep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: approx. 2 hours
- Beef Ribs (Rack of Four)
- 1/4 c. Black Pepper
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c. Chili Powder
- 1/4 c. Salt
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Onion Granules
- 1 tbsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- Get some nice meaty ribs preferably still as a rack of four.
- Pull the membrane with a paper towel and a butter knife to free the membrane from the bottom of the ribs.
- Trim some of the fat off of the top of ribs so rub can adhere to the meat.
- Cut the beef rib rack down to two double ribs.
- Season with the Texas Style rub liberally. Let rest for 1 hour.
- Get smoker ready using Bear Mountain Oak or Mesquite Pellets.
- Smoke at 250 degrees for about six hours or until meat feels like butter when poked with a toothpick around 202 degrees.Could take a bit longer.
- Spritz hourly with apple cider to create an amazing bark.
- Once done sauce and let finish so sauce sets about 20 minutes.
- Pull, cover with foil and let rest for 15 or 20 minutes. Enjoy!