Bacon-Wrapped Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Bear Mountain Ambassador Kevin Anderson of @meat_thirty shares an easy, yet delicious, chicken recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35-45 minutes
-5 chicken breasts
-5 tbsp Fresh Vintage Farms Almond Oil or another almond oil of your choice
-7 tbsp Rainier Foods Garlic & Herb Seasoning or another seasoning of your choice
-10 bacon strips
-Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ Pellets
-8 oz frozen spinach
-Half block of cream cheese
-1 teaspoon minced garlic
-1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat the frozen spinach in a pot on the stove or in the microwave with half cup of water for about 6 minutes. Drain water and dry spinach.
- Mix cream cheese, minced garlic, chopped spinach, grated mozzarella, and grated parmesan cheese in a bowl. Spinach should still be hot enough to help soften the cream cheese.
- 3. Slice chicken breasts from one side almost all the way through but leave enough to keep the chicken intact.
- Rub chicken down with almond oil for a binder, then hit each chicken breast with a coating of seasoning (about 1 tbsp per chicken breast).
- Stuff chicken with spinach and cheese mixture.Wrap with two pieces of thin bacon all the way around(cheap, thin bacon is typically easier to wrap and cooks evenly with chicken). Then season the top of the bacon with about 1 tsp seasoning.
- Set your grill or smoker at 375 °F and fill it with Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ Pellets.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill or smoker and let them cook for about 35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Take off the grill, serve, and enjoy!