Ash Kickin' BBQ's Smoked Salmon
Who doesn't love a delicious smoked salmon?
Thanks to Ash Kickin BBQ for sharing this recipe!
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Tailgaters BBQ Seasoning (or All Purpose Rub of your choice)
- 1 gallon of distilled water
- Salmon Fillets
- Maple Syrup
- Mix together 1 cup of brown sugar and Kosher salt in a gallon of water. Heat on the stove until completely dissolved.
- After sugar and salt is dissolved, add ice to cool down the solution. Make sure the solution is completely cold before adding fish.
- In a plastic container, add salmon fillets, and then cover with brine solution. Be sure to use a plastic container as metallic containers can leave an off taste on your fish.
- Allow fillets to brine overnight.
- The next day, remove salmon from brine, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer fillets to a wire rack,and place in the fridge until the pellice forms. This will look like a sticky glaze, and will allow the smoke to stick to the fish.
- Season with all purpose rub (we use Tailgaters BBQ Party Rub).
- Fire up smoker of choice to 225º F.
- Place salmon on smoker, and smoke to a minimum internal temperature of 145º F.
- Every hour until done, glaze with a light coating of maple syrup.
- Once done, allow the salmon to cool overnight in the fridge...if you can!
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor!