Apple Cinnamon BBQ Rub
Perfect on pork and chicken, this rub is the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
Prep time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons dried and ground apples
- 1 Tablespoon coarse cracked black pepper (halve this if using a finer grind)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
Combine above ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork until well blended. If there’s clumps from the brown sugar, smush them with the back of a spoon and keep mixing.
Apply as much rub as you’d like to your meat and throw it on your grill!
Keep your leftover rub in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.